In December 2019, we carried out a consumer survey in seven European countries (France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain and United Kingdom) collecting information from 3,517 consumers. These countries were selected in order to cover countries located in the INTERREG Atlantic Arc (France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain and United Kingdom) with different cultural habits and traditions of seafood consumption. Italy and Germany were also included in this survey due to the important consumption of cephalopods and high prevalence of environmentally aware consumers, respectively. The main objectives of the survey were to:
- Determine seafood consumption habits across the different countries;
- Identify drivers and barriers for seafood consumption;
- Understand which factors influence seafood purchase decision;
- Explore label information preferences;
- Investigate consumers’ willingness to try different species and formats/presentations of cephalopod products.